The "U visa" protects immigrants who are crime victims by making it safer for them to report a crime or help law enforcement. A person who is the victim of domestic violence or trafficking, but who doesn't qualify for VAWA or a T visa, can sometimes qualify for a U visa. Qualified applicants can get a work permit and stay in the U.S. They may also be able to help other family members get a U visa.



U Visa Eligibility and Filing Process
By: United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
An overview of U visa eligibility requirements and the filing process. 

Pro Bono Attorney Manual on Immigration Relief for Crime Victims: U Visa
By: National Immigrant Justice Center
A manual for pro bono attorneys on representing immigrant victims of crimes in U visa cases.

U Visa: Immigration Status for Crime Victims
By: Catholic Legal Immigration Network
A one-page overview of eligibility, benefits, and how to apply for a U visa.

U Visa Clearinghouse
An online clearinghouse that includes statutes, legislation, memos, articles and practice advisories on U visas. 

U Visa Basics for Law Enforcement
By: Immigrant Legal Resource Center
An overview of the U visa to help get local law enforcement certification, which is required for an individual to apply for a U visa. 


For a comprehensive library of resources on U visas, join the Immigration Advocates Network's Pro Bono Resource Center (membership is free, but requires registration and approval).

*The resources above are provided for informational purposes only; they do not constitute legal advice.


U Visa
U Visa
Take the pledge to help protect the rights of immigrants and ensure fair treatment and due process for all.