On Friday July 12th, 2019, Lights for Liberty: A Vigil to End Human Concentration Camps, will bring thousands of people to locations worldwide as well as to concentration camps across the country, into the streets and into their own front yards, to protest the inhumane conditions faced by migrants.
There are events planned in all 50 states for July 12th. To find a event in your area, click here. In addition, there are also key events happening in:
- El Paso, Texas, where migrants are being housed in outdoor conditions under a bridge with no running water for months at a time
- Homestead, FL, at a migrant child detention facility that has caused mass abuse and neglect
- San Diego, near the point of entry site from Tijuana
- New York City, at Foley Square, where hundreds of migrants are processed through detention a day
- Washington, DC, in Lafayette Park, to demand action from Congress to end concentration camps
Legislators, activists, organizers, and members of impacted communities will speak prior to the candlelight vigil.