This is an ideal position for someone who is passionate about supporting immigrants in the U.S., wants to learn more about the rights of immigrants and is motivated to use technology for good. The Immigration Advocates Network (Pro Bono Net) is a national nonprofit that works with partners and uses technology to support capacity in our field. We share and create free legal resources for immigrants, volunteers, and advocates. This new internship position will provide online support to people visiting two of our resources, Immi (www.immi.org) and Citizenshipworks (www.citizenshipworks.org).
As part of the team, you will work on:
- Providing support through Live Chat on Citizenshipworks and Immi
- Creating content for email newsletter, Immi website, and social media
- Translating and editing Spanish content
- Curating social media posts for Citizenshipworks and Immi
- Engaging followers on our social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Providing feedback and suggestions to team based on inquiries from community members
- Help as needed with other projects
Time and Place:
The time commitment would be 10-12 hours week, spread across 2-3 days a week for the duration of 1 semester. The organization is located in San Francisco, CA.
Special Skills Needed:
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish
- Attention to detail
- Desire to help immigrant communities in the U.S
- Comfortable learning new technology tools
- Knowledgeable about social media platforms
Immigration Advocates Network (Pro Bono Net)
For more information, please click here.